simply deLIZious baking is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising revenues by advertising and linking to [Amazon.com or .ca, .co.uk, etc.]
This easy apple cinnamon cake with its in-season apples, cinnamon, nuts and minimal prep make it a perfect fall dessert.
I’ve had an extremely busy end of summer and beginning of fall, so when it came to baking I really needed a super quick autumn baking recipe. Thank goodness I found this no hassle apple nut cake in my Kroger Coupon Magazine.
Much like my old fashioned fresh apple cake recipe, this recipe was a quick, one bowl apple cake that burst with scrumptious, warm fall flavors. Also, much like my old fashioned fresh apple cake recipe, it was very delicious. So delicious, I inhaled a substantial amount, which resulted in increased exercise the next several days.
Tools Used In Fresh Apple Nut Cake
Ingredients In Quick Apple Nut Cake
- cooking oil
- ground cinnamon
- baking soda
- apples peeled and thinly sliced
- chopped walnuts or pecans
Nutty Moist Apple Cinnamon Cake
Here are the 3 things that hit me when I bit into this warm fall apple cake:
- Wow, is this moist! Not to moist, just perfectly moist.
- A lovely cinnamon flavor. Not overdone on the cinnamon, just right.
- A warm, toasty nut flavor that blended magically with the cinnamon and apples.
These all made this cake just Fall-bulously delightful. I just loved how all the flavors, the apple, cinnamon and nuts came together for an autumn-ic flavor explosion.
Easy Cinnamon Apple Cake
As I said above, this fall apple cake recipe is just so easy. I mixed this up by hand in one bowl (I confess I did sift my flour into a separate bowl). The most time consuming part of this recipe was peeling the apples.
Apple Breakfast Cake?
Yes, it can be a breakfast cake, a brunch cake, a dessert cake or a snack cake. It’s just so versatile and easy to serve. Whenever and wherever you serve it, it will get rave reviews.
Best Apples For Cake
This cinnamon apple nut cake is chocked full of thinly sliced apples.
When baking a cake with apples you want an apple that is firm and will not get mushy in the oven. Granny Smith, Jonagold, Honeycrisp, Breaburn, Mutsu, Winesap and Pink Lady all have these qualities and are wonderful for any apple cake.
How To Store Apple Cake
You can store apple nut cake in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
It freezes well short term in an air tight container. However, for long term freezer time, wrap it in plastic wrap before putting in the airtight container and then the freezer.
Why Make Easy Cinnamon Apple Cake
Because you can literally peel the apples, throw your ingredients in one bowl, mix by hand, bake and devour. It’s that easy, no mixer and no frosting. Plus, it’s exploding with amazing apple, cinnamon and nutty flavor that is just perfect for fall.
In case you have any queries regarding the recipe feel free to reach out via the comment section or the contact page. Also, if you have tried this recipe, I would love to hear about your experiences.
I have linked to our related recipes below and I’m sure you will love them.
More Autumn Apple Recipes
- A-peeling Apple Crisp
- Old Fashioned Amish Apple Cake
- Apple Pound Cake With Cinnamon Glaze
- Crunchy Top Apple Pecan Cake
- Hardcore Delish Salted Caramel Apple Cake
Apple Nut Cake (Easy Cinnamon Sensation)
Apple Nut Cake (Easy Cinnamon Sensation)
- apple corer
- 3 eggs
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups apples peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup walnuts chopped or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease or spray 9×13 inch baking pan
- In large bowl beat eggs, sugar and oil until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Gently fold in apples and nuts.
- Transfer mixture to baking pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar while cake is warm.