Burnt Caramel Frosted Brownies are a heavenly treat that are sinfully addictive. You need to be prayed up before biting into one of these sweet treats.
Pinterest and Kroger are full of caramel swirled brownies, but burnt caramel frosting topping the brownies????? Yes friends, and it’s mouthwateringly amazing.
I mean, what could be wrong here, it’s decadent, rich, fudgey brownies below a thick layer of divine burnt caramel frosting.
Burnt caramel frosted brownies are so easy. I made a simple, homemade (no boxes allowed on this site) brownie recipe. Then a simple burnt caramel frosting, that doesn’t involve caramelizing your sugar. Easy peasy.
Originally, I made these as bundtlettes using my Bundtlette Brownie Pan. They turned out so dainty and cute. However, I realized most people don’t own one of these and made another batch using an 8×8 pan.
No matter how you make these, you’ll find them easy to make and impossible to put down. Remember pray hard before consuming.!!!!!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cute Dainty Bundtlettes
old school brownies
More Indulgent Brownie Recipes
Burnt Caramel Frosted Brownies
- 8 inch square pan
- 12 cup bundt brownie pan
Ingredients for Brownies
- ½ cup Butter
- 2 ounces Chocolate
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ⅙ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Flour I sifted my flour
- 1 cup Chopped nuts Optional
Ingredients for Burnt Caramel Frosting
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Heavy cream I used whipping cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Instructions for Brownies
- Melted butter and chocolate together.
- Beat eggs, add sugar and beat again.
- Add butter chocolate mixture, vanilla, and salt, beating well.
- Add flour and mix until smooth.
- Stir in nuts (optional)
- Pour into 8 inch square pan. For bundtlettes see notes below
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes
- Let cool 10 minutes before frosting.
Instructions for Burnt Caramel Frosting
- Stir together butter and cream in a saucepan over low to medium heat.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook until thickened. I usually cook from 5-7 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla
- Ice brownies after they've cooled around 10 minutes. For bundtlettes see notes below.
- I filled each cup 2/3’s full.
- For baking time, I started checking around 20 minutes.
- For frosting I put about 1 tablespoon, maybe a little more, on each and let it cascade over the sides.
USEFUL TOOLS IN MAKING THIS RECIPE
Nordicware Brownie Bundt Pan
8×8 Inch Baking Pan
Long Baking Spatula