simply deLIZious baking is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising revenues by advertising and linking to [Amazon.com or .ca, .co.uk, etc.]
Yummy, moist cream cheese pound cake with a ribbon of raspberry filling in the middle and topped with a delicious raspberry cream cheese glaze.
I got the idea for this cake from Sally’s Baking Addiction. However, I made it my own by using a my cream cheese pound cake recipe as the base and adding a raspberry cream cheese glaze. It’s similar to my delectable Southern Living Strawberry Swirl Pound Cake. I hope you enjoy it as much as my friends and I did.
Rasp-dulgent Cream Cheese Pound Cake Loaf
Usually I don’t think of plain or fruit infused cakes or breads as indulgent. The sacred word, indulgent, is saved for chocolate cake or cakes or breads containing chocolate. However, that changed with this moist raspberry cake.
As the first bite of this raspberry swirl pound cake went through my lips and to my hips, my first thought was INDULGENT. Yes, this cake was indulgence in a loaf pan. It was indulgent and chocolate was not involved. Who knew?????
Raspberry Vanilla Almond Pound Cake
What makes this cake so indulgent is how the swirl of raspberry blends with the vanilla almond flavor of the pound cake. Yes, it’s a yummy union of flavors.
Add to that, the fact that raspberry swirl pound cake is a perfectly moist, dense cake that’s topped with a to die for raspberry cream cheese glaze. It all just comes together to create a completely indulgent experience.
Easy Cake Baking Recipe
On top of all its indulgence and deliciousness, this cake is an easy, from scratch cake bake. It’s the simplest of cream cheese pound cake recipes with raspberry preserves or jam swirled in. It’s a huge bake for your buck.
Raspberry Pound Cake Key Ingredients
- cream cheese at room temperature – room temperature cream cheese is so much easier to fold in.
- butter at room temperature – like cream cheese, room temperature butter is so much easier to fold in.
- eggs at room temperature – room temperature eggs allow the eggs to mix well with the batter.
- all purpose flour sifted – sifted flour is easier to mix into other ingredients when making batters and doughs.
- vanilla extract
- almond extract
- raspberry jam or preserves
- powdered sugar sifted – sifting your powdered sugar gets out all the little lumps.
- milk at room temperature
Tools Used In Moist Raspberry Cake
- Loaf Pan I used a fancy Nordic Ware Jubilee loaf pan. Any regular sized loaf pan will do.
- Sifter for flour
- Dry Ingredient Measuring Cups
- Measuring spoons
- Spatula long and sturdy
- Stand or Hand Mixer
Freezing Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake
This pound cake freezes so well, so bake ahead of time and freeze or freeze the leftovers. I baked this raspberry pound cake this weekend and am freezing it for a brunch next weekend.
It’s so easy to freeze. Just follow these steps:
1. Cool Pound Cake Completely
Wrapping a warmed cake can cause condensation to form underneath the plastic and cause the surface of the cake to turn soggy.
2. Wrap Cooled Cake in Plastic Wrap
Make sure cake is wrapped tightly. This will help keep it fresh.
3. Wrap Cake A Second Time In Aluminum Foil
This ensures no moisture will seep in.
4. Seal The Wrapped Cakes In A Freezer Bag Or Container
5. Place In Freezer Up To 6 Months
Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake Final Thoughts
A truly indulgent cake that blends raspberry jam/preserves with the goodness of vanilla almond cream cheese pound cake. You will love the flavor and how easy it is to make. It is a perfect cake for anytime of the year, especially Valentine’s.
In case you have any queries regarding the recipe feel free to reach out via the comment section or the contact page. Also, if you have tried this recipe, I would love to hear about your experiences.
I have linked to our related recipes below and I’m sure you will love them.
More Fruit Pound Cake Recipes
- Easy Blueberry Pound Cake With Lemon Glaze
- Old Fashioned Cherry Pound Cake Recipe
- Strawberry Pound Cake Loaf
- Simple Lemon Pound Cake With Frosting
- Easy, Moist Pineapple Pound Cake
EASY RASPBERRY SWIRL POUND CAKE
Raspberry Swirl Cake Ingredients
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup butter 1 and ½ sticks of butter at room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1½ cups all purpose flour sifted
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp almond
- ⅓ cup raspberry jam or preserves
Raspberry Cream Cheese Cake Glaze Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp raspberry jam or preserves
- ½ to ¾ ounce cream cheese room termperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar sifted
- ¼ to ½ cup milk room temperature
Instructions For Raspberry Swirl Cake
- Preheat over to 325°
- Grease and flour loaf pan
- Sift flour and salt and set aside
- Cream cream cheese and butter together well.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add the flour alternately with the eggs to the cream sugar mixture. Do not overmix.
- Spoon ½ cup of the batter into a smaller bowl. Stir in raspberry jam/preserves.
- Spoon ⅔ of the plain batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Spoon the raspberry batter on top.
- Spread the remaining plain batter on top.
- Using a knife, swirl the layers together.
- Bake at 325° for 55 minutes to 1¼ hours.
- Test for doneness by inserting a sharp knife or wooden skewer in the center. If it comes out clean or with fairly dry crumbs it's done. If not, return to oven.
- Let cool on wire rack for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Cool completely and glaze.
Instructions For Raspberry Cream Cheese Cake Glaze
- Combine raspberries and cream cheese well.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until creamy.
- Add milk until it's reached your desired consistency. I wanted a runny glaze, so I used close to ½ cup.
- Pour or spoon over cooled cake.