simply deLIZious baking is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising revenues by advertising and linking to [Amazon.com or .ca, .co.uk, etc.]
This marble strawberry cake is a delicious masterpiece. It’s a vanilla almond cream cheese pound cake with strawberry glaze swirled throughout. It’s a beautiful cake that’s marble-icious.
My neighbor gave me an article from Southern Living Magazine (an actual magazine with paper and print, remember those?) a couple of years ago. My co-worker then gave me the same article earlier this year.
The Southern Living article was loaded with 6 or 7 amazing pound cake recipes and I have made 3 of them so far. This strawberry swirl pound cake recipe, along with my Key Lime Pound Cake and Lemon Coconut Pound Cake are all from this article and I consider them perfect pound cake paragons.
SUMMER STRAWBERRY SWIRL CAKE
This strawberry swirl pound cake is a classic, sweet, but not overly sweet, cream cheese pound cake with just the right amount of delightful strawberry glaze running through it. Because of this, strawberry swirl pound cake screams summer. It is one the most perfect summer cakes you will ever indulge in.
The first bite I had of this cake gave me visions of a southern summer tea party. Yes, me and the girls dressed in our floral prints and hats, sitting under the magnolias, laughing, nibbling (in all honesty, I don’t know nibbling, I horse down) on this cake and sipping ice tea or an appropriate adult beverage. Oh, what a delicious and genteel summer afternoon.
Ok, I know that’s a little far fetched, but this cake would be perfect for that summer cook out. Yes, topped with some strawberries, blueberries and vanilla ice cream. It would also be terrific at a summer brunch or just to have around the house for idle summer munching.
Plus friends, this cake is super easy to make. Literally, you make a cream cheese pound cake and swirl in fresh or bought strawberry glaze. It’s just so simple.
Pound Cake With Strawberry Swirl Ingredients
STRAWBERRY SWIRL CAKE RECIPE
- Beat butter, gradually add sugar and cream cheese at medium speed or high speed.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Gradually add flour and mix at low speed until just incorporated
- Add almond and vanilla extracts.
- Pour 1/3 of batter into tube or bundt pan.
- Dollop 8 rounded teaspoonfuls of strawberry glaze over batter and swirl with knife or wooden skewer.
- Repeat procedure once and top with remaining 1/3 of batter.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Let cool 10 to 12 minutes and release on wire rack.
WHAT STRAWBERRY GLAZE SHOULD YOU USE?
You want to use a thick glaze. Whether you do your own homemade glaze or buy one, the name of the game is THICK GLAZE. A thin glaze could lead to a mushy cake. I used Marzetti Glaze For Strawberries.
If you’d like to use fresh, chopped strawberries, instead of strawberry glaze, chop the strawberries in small pieces and roll them in flour. This will keep the strawberries from falling to the bottom of the cake. For more detail on this, see this post, How To Add Fresh Fruit To Cake Batter, from Leaf TV.
Can You Freeze This Swirled Strawberry Pound Cake
To freeze or not to freeze, that is the question. Do I dare risk ruining this strawberry cream cheese swirl cake by shoving it into the depths of my icy freezer.
Fear not, my fellow pound cake aficionados, I bring good news…YES! you can freeze this, strawberry swirl pound cake.
So, whether you made to much of this marble strawberry swirled pound cake or you just want to keep an emergency stash in the freezer (who knows when that pound cake krav’n is gonna hit), serving some freezer time will not hurt this pound cake or any pound cake.
Pound cakes are one of the best cakes to freeze, because of their dense texture. It will not loose it’s flavor or moist texture. I personally think pound cakes taste better after serving time in the freezer.
But will the strawberry swirl hold up in the freezer? Yes, it will still have that delicious sweet strawberry flavor. The color of the swirl may fade a bit, but the flavor will not be lost and that’s what counts.
How To Freeze Pound Cake With Strawberry Swirl
Freeze The Whole Cake Or A Large Portion
- Make sure the cake is completely cooled.
- With plastic wrap, wrap the cake 2 or 3 times. Verify all of the cake is covered.
- Wrap 2 or 3 times with aluminum foil. Make certain all the cake is covered.
- Put in a large freezer storage bag or container. If you don’t have one large enough, freeze the cake, wrapped well, in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
- Place whole cake or leftover cake in freezer.
Freeze Pound Cake Slices
- Wrap your slices individually in plastic wrap. Making sure the whole slice is covered.
- Then wrap the slice in aluminum foil. Making sure the whole slice is covered.
- Place slices in freezer storage bag or container.
- Place in freezer
FINAL THOUGHTS ON EASY STRAWBERRY SWIRL CAKE
Though this isn’t a strawberry pound cake recipe or a strawberry chocolate swirl cake, it is a truly delightful cake with swirls and swirls of flavor.
Strawberry swirl pound cake is delicious anytime of year, but just perfect for summer. The sweetness of the strawberry glaze compliments the cream cheese pound cake perfectly. Plus it’s such an easy cake to make and serve. Add this to your summer recipe collection today.
In case you have any queries regarding the recipe feel free to reach out via the comment section or the contact page. Also, if you have tried this recipe, I would love to hear about your experiences.
I have linked to our related recipes below and I’m sure you will love them.
More Pound Cake With Fruit Recipes
- Strawberry Almond Pound Cake
- Key Lime Pound Cake
- Easy Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake
- Lemon Pound Cake With Lemon Frosting
- Red White And Blue Cake With Strawberries And Blueberries
- Strawberry Pound Cake With Strawberry Cream Cheese Glaze
EASY STRAWBERRY SWIRL POUND CAKE (SOUTHERN LIVING)
- Stand or Hand Mixer
- Bundt or Tube Pan
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Beat butter until creamy and gradually add sugar. Beat on medium or high speed.1½ cups Butter, 3 cups Sugar
- Add cream cheese and beat until creamy. Beat on medium or high speed.8 ounces Cream cheese
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.6 Eggs
- Gradually add flour and beat at low speed.3 cups All purpose flour
- Add almond and vanilla extracts.1 tsp Almond extract, ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- Pour 1/3 of batter into greased and floured tube or bundt pan.
- Dollop 8 rounded teaspoonfuls of strawberry glaze over batter and swirl with knife or wooden skewer.⅔ cup Strawberry glaze
- Repeat procedure once and top with remaining 1/3 of batter.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until sharp knife comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 to 15 minutes and release on cooling rack.
- Let cake cool for 1 hour.