simply deLIZious baking is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising revenues by advertising and linking to [Amazon.com or .ca, .co.uk, etc.]
A SWEET, BUTTERY GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST TOPPED WITH GOOEY MARSHMALLOWS, CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND NUTS.
Let’s face it, probably the most perfect and romanticized setting for s’mores is sitting around the campfire while tent camping. You, your friends, maybe your significant other laughing and roasting marshmallows over the crackling fire.
Then, you put those slightly brown, melted on the inside, marshmallows on a lightly sweetened graham cracker with chocolate.
Next you open your mouth super wide and shove it in. Oh, the incredible melody of these 3 coming together (forget the sugar rush and crash that go along with that, not romantic). Your taste buds celebrate and it’s camping and campfire magic.
INDOOR S’MORES BAR RECIPE
But, for those of use who don’t enjoy camping, sleeping on the ground, and running to a restroom half a mile away at 2am, we’re left out. At least that’s what I thought, until I ran across these.
Camping averse friends, these are indoor s’mores bars. I call them by their proper indoor name “Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Bars”, but really they’re s’mores with nuts baked indoors.
These are super easy to make and have the same melted and lightly browned, gooey marshmallows stuck to yummy sweet pieces of chocolate. However, the marshmallows and chocolate sit atop a slightly sweet graham cracker crust with nuts.
So, now stretch out a blanket in front of your TV, light a forest scented candle, turn on Deliverance or any other movie that takes place in the outdoors and enjoy one of these Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Bars in the great indoors.
WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR A S’MORES BAR?
CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW BARS RECIPE
- Beat flour and sugar.
- Add combined flour and graham cracker crumbs, mix well.
- Press into bottom of greased 9 inch square pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, marshmallows and nuts.
- Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut.
CAN YOU FREEZE S’MORES BARS?
The answer is YES. Tightly wrap them in plastic wrap and place them in an air tight freezer safe container or Ziploc bag. They can last 2 to 4 months in the freezer. To thaw, simply put them on the counter.
CAN YOU FREEZE MARSHMALLOWS AND GRAHAM CRACKERS?
After making these I had more than half a bag of marshmallows and 2 sleeves of graham crackers left over. I didn’t want them in my house and gave them all to a friend (this is how I flee temptation).
However, if these didn’t speak so lustfully to me, according to this post from stayhealtyhacks.com, I could have easily frozen them.
TO FREEZE MARSHMALLOWS
- Separate marshmallows into smaller piles. For large marshmallows piles of 6 for smaller ones a pile of Tablespoons.
- Each pile should be wrapped well in aluminum foil.
- Place the wrapped marshmallows in a Ziploc Bag or an airtight container.
- You can dust the marshmallows with powdered sugar before wrapping. This will keep them from sticking to each other.
- They will stay fresh in the freezer for 3 to 4 months.
TO FREEZE GRAHAM CRACKERS
- Leave graham crackers in their original packaging and place them in a plastic freezer bag.
- Wrap them in aluminum foil, to protect them from moisture, and freeze.
- Graham crackers can be frozen up to 6 months.
FINAL THOUGHTS ON MARSHMALLOW CHOCOLATE CHIP BARS
These scrumptious marshmallow chocolate chip bars require so little effort for such a delicious taste. A lightly sweetened graham cracker crust loaded with the goodness of marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers. It’s a great snack or dessert for the great indoors or outdoors.
In case you have any queries regarding the recipe feel free to reach out via the comment section or the contact page. Also, if you have tried this recipe, I would love to hear about your experiences.
I have linked to our related recipes below and I’m sure you will love them.
MORE EASY DESSERT BAR RECIPES
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Scotcheroos
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
- Apricot Coconut And Nut Balls
- Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Squares (3 Ingredients)
- Chocolate Nut Bars (With Chocolate Chips)
Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Bars
- 9×9 Inch Square Pan
- ½ cup Butter Softened
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Flour
- ½ cup Graham Cracker Crumbs I put graham crackers in a food processer to make my crumbs.
- 2 cups Miniature Marshmallows
- 16 oz Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Nuts
- Beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add combined flour and graham cracker crumbs and mix well.
- Press onto bottom of 9×9 inch square pan.
- Sprinkle with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 375° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into bars.