simply deLIZious baking is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising revenues by advertising and linking to [Amazon.com or .ca, .co.uk, etc.]
Easy cream cheese pound cake with decadent nutella swirls and topped with a rich, silky nutella ganache.
Intoxicating Nutella cream cheese pound Cake
How can you not use the word intoxicating when you combine two masterpieces like pound cake and Nutella?
Really, a cake that’s primary ingredients are tons of butta, sugar and eggs combined with a rich, silky, indulgent chocolate hazelnut spread. That’s just pure and sinful goodness that is nothing but intoxicating.
I might not be tempted by alcohol or liquor, but this Nutella pound cake knocks me off the wagon. I can’t stop at one piece.
Easy Nutella Cake
It’s really a very simple goodness. A 7-ingredient, moist, dense cream cheese pound cake that is layered with 2 layers of Nutella (add chocolate chips if you’d like).
The Nutella pound cake is then topped with an easy ganache made of Nutella and heavy whipping cream.
It is just so easy and oh so intoxicating, so get off the wagon and give it a bake today.
Nutella Swirl Cake Key Ingredients
- butter room temperature – room temperature butter combines so much easier with your cream cheese and sugar than cold butter.
- cream cheese room temperature – cream cheese also combines much easier at room temperature.
- eggs room temperature
- all purpose flour sifted – sifting your flour breaks up lumps and is easier to mix in with other ingredients.
- Nutella – softened Nutella spreads much easier. See notes below on softening Nutella.
- heavy cream or whipping cream
Tools To Make Nutella Swirl Pound Cake
How to Soften Nutella In The Microwave
Nutella is much easier to layer/spread in the batter when it is softened.
You can either scoop some in a microwave safe bowl and microwave or microwave it in the jar (since I was using the whole jar for this recipe I microwaved it in the jar).
Heat the Nutella in 15 second intervals (these short intervals will cause it not to burn). After each 15 second interval remove it from the microwave and give it a stir.
If the Nutella is still hard put it in for another 15 seconds and then give it another stir. Repeat this until it is softened.
Why Make Nutella Pound Cake?
Besides being a deliciously, intoxicating, decadent cake, this Nutella pound cake is such a simple cake to make. Seriously, it’s a simple 7 ingredient cream cheese pound cake with Nutella layers.
It’s hard to find recipes that are this straightforward and easy that deliver this much incredible flavor.
In case you have any queries regarding the recipe feel free to reach out via the comment section or the contact page. Also, if you have tried this recipe, I would love to hear about your experiences.
I have linked to our related recipes below and I’m sure you will love them.
More Simple Nutella Recipes
NUTELLA POUND CAKE (WITH NUTELLA SWIRL)
Ingredients For Nutella Swirl Cake
Ingredients for Nutella Glaze
- ½ cup Nutella
- ¼ – ½ cup heavy cream or whipping cream
Instructions for Nutella Pound Cake
- Sift flour and salt and set aside
- Cream butter and cream cheese well.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs alternately with flour and mix until just combined.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Fold in chocolate chips (optional).
- Preheat oven to 325° and grease and flour bundt or tube pan.
- Add ⅓ of batter to pan.
- Soften Nutella and top batter with ½ jar of softened Nutella. Spread Nutella over batter.
- Repeat with another 1/3 of the batter and the rest of the Nutella. Top with remaining cake batter.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1½ hours.
- Let cake cool for 10 – 12 minutes and release.
Nutella Glaze Instructions
- Place the cream and Nutella in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until the two combine to form a creamy chocolate ganache.
- Allow to cool 10 – 15 minutes and it will thicken slightly.
- Drizzle/pour over cooled cake.