simply deLIZious baking is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising revenues by advertising and linking to [Amazon.com or .ca, .co.uk, etc.]
How To Make Mouthwatering, Easy, Ooey Gooey Brownies With This Step By Step Brownie Recipe
This simple brownie recipe from scratch, that is made with melted chocolate is just an indulgent gem. I know it’s probably all over the Internet, but I wanted to share these classic chocolate brownies anyway.
Tools Used In This Simple Brownie Recipe
Old Fashioned, Easy Brownie Ingredients
- All Purpose Flour Sifted
- Baking Powder
- Unsweetened Chocolate- melted chocolate, which helps make the brownie fudgey.
- Pecans or Walnuts – optional, these brownies are delicious either way.
- Butter -room temperature, will make your frosting smooth and mix easier.
- Milk – room temperature, will help make your frosting smooth.
- Powdered Sugar – sift to prevent lumps
- Vanilla Extract
Classic Brownie Recipe
I think this recipe is just the best brownie recipe ever, because of its indulgent chocolate flavor, its ooey gooey texture and it’s so easy to make.
I call these chewy, chocolate fudgy delights “Sunday School Teacher Brownies”, because this simple recipe is from one of my all time favorite Sunday School teachers. She actually got these easy, old school brownies recipe from the 1947 Snowdrift Shortening can.
These awesome treats are a chocolate lover’s manna from heaven. So fudgy and chewy and topped with a yummy, easy brownie frosting. They are food for the soul and they will more than satisfy that chocolate craving.
It’s a simple, from scratch recipe made with melted chocolate and other ingredients; I bet you have in your cubbard now. Literally you can make it in one saucepan.
These taste great with or without nuts and can be served to a crowd, the kids or just yourself (maybe you’re feeling a little emotionally distraught).
What Makes A Brownie Fudgy
Are you fudgy or cakey?
I’m sure all of us love brownies, but you probably have a preference for a fudgy brownie or a cakey brownie.
These old fashioned brownies are fudgy brownies, but what makes a brownie fudgy or cakey? What’s the difference?
According to this post by Martha Stewart, the difference is the fat- to-flour ratio. A fudgy brownie has more fat, in the form of butter (shortening or oil) and chocolate (melted chocolate). A cakey brownie has more flour and relies on baking powder as its leavening ingredient.
If you want a fudgy brownie use a brownie recipe with a little more melted chocolate and fat (butter, shortening or oil) and a little less flour.
If you want a cakey brownie use a brownie recipe with a little more flour and less melted chocolate and fat.
Why Make Easy Saucepan Brownies
These are just to practical not to make. They are made with the simplest ingredients and are so quick to whip up. Really, you can make these in a saucepan. Plus, they are exploding with fudgy, chocolate flavor and who doesn’t like brownies. They will be devoured wherever served.
In case you have any queries regarding the recipe feel free to reach out via the comment section or the contact page. Also, if you have tried this recipe, I would love to hear about your experiences.
I have linked to our related recipes below and I’m sure you will love them.
More Easy Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- SIN-sational Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Double Chocolate Cake (With Chocolate Chips)
- Back For Seconds Chocolate Pound Cake
- Super Thick & Fudgy Reese Cup Brownies
- To Die For Marshmallow Brownies
- Double Fudge Brownies (Double The Delicious)
Old Fashioned Brownies With Frosting
Chewy, Fudgy Brownie Ingredients
- 1½ Cup Flour Sifted
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Ounces Unsweetened Chocolate
- ⅔ Cup Shortening
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Pecans or Walnuts Chopped Optional
Easy Homemade Chocolate Frosting Ingredients
- ½ Cup Butter
- ⅕ Cup Milk
- 16 Ounces Powdered Sugar Sifted
- ¼ Cup Cocoa
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Chewy, Fudgy Brownie Instructions
- Preheat over to 350°
- Beat sugar and eggs together thoroughly in a medium to large mixing bowl.
- Melt together chocolate and shortening. See notes below on melting shortening and chocolate.
- Remove chocolate mixture from stove and immediately add to egg and sugar mixture. Mixing together well by hand or with a hand mixer.
- Sift flour, salt and powder.
- Add flour to chocolate mixture, stirring until just combined. (I used a spatula for stirring here)
- Mix in chopped nuts (optional)
- Spread in a greased 13×9 pan
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes
- Let cool 30 minutes before frosting
Easy Homemade Chocolate Frosting Instructions
- Sift powdered sugar
- Combine butter and milk in a saucepan
- Over low heat, bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat
- Combine sifted powdered sugar and cocoa in a mixing bowl.
- Add butter mixture to powdered sugar and cocoa. Stirring until ingredients are completely combined by hand or with a hand mixer.
- Add vanilla, stirring until smooth
- Frost cooled brownies
- Slice and devour