Do you need an quick and easy snack or dessert recipe with just a few ingredients to whip up in a snap? Well, here’s a recipe you’ll want to add to your heavy bake recipe rotation.
This Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal Bar recipe makes a yummy, homemade snack or dessert with just 5 simple ingredients.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Cereal infused desserts and dessert bars
I recently watched Netflix’s Chef’s Table episode that featured Christina Tosi, chef, founder and owner of Milk Bar. I was excited and inspired by how she used classic breakfast cereal in the making of her Cereal Milk, Cereal Milk Soft Serve Ice Cream and Cornflake Chocolate Chip Marshmellow Cookie.
Now back to our regularly scheduled recipe
In fact, I was so inspired I began to imagine ways I could incorporate my love for baking desserts and my love for cold cereal. So many cereal infused dessert ideas baked in my brain.
I decided to start simple by using my proven Chocolate Chip Crunch Bar recipe and substituting Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal for the graham crackers.
I was CEREALously amazed at how tasty they turned out.
Thinking I might be slightly biased I had my taste test friends sample a few. They thought they were more even more delicious. A wonderful melody of the cereal, peanut butter and chocolate chips.
I’m so thankful my first fusion was a delightfully sweet endeavor (if it wasn’t this post wouldn’t exist). There are a million cereal bar recipes on Pinterest. That I realize, but I feel so accomplished merging 3 of my favorite guilty pleasures, peanut butter, chocolate chips and Peanut Butter Crunch (with which I’ve had a life long love affair).
Please continue to follow the Infusion Journey as I wander down the path of infusing cold cereal into desserts. Up next, pound cake.
For this recipe you will need
- Condensed Milk
- Peanut Butter
- Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal
- Chocolate Chips
- Baking Powder
Let’s get ready to crumble
To crush or crumble the cereal:
- Crush it on high for 7 to 10 seconds in a food processor.
- Put cereal in a gallon Ziploc bag and seal. Get the air out. Crush by rolling a rolling pin over cereal. If you don’t have a rolling pin, you can use a mug to roll over the cereal.
Not all the pieces will be crushed finely and that’s ok.
If you like this recipe you might like
- Chocolate Chip Crunch Bars
- Easy Scotcheroos With Special K
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars
- Easy S’mores Bars
- 3 Ingredient Chocolate Chips Cinnamon Squares
- Chocolate Nut Bars (With Chocolate Chips)
Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
- 8×8 pan
- Medium to large mixing bowl
- 2 cups Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal Crumbs About 4 – 5 cups uncrushed
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 14 oz can Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2-3 Tbsp Peanut Butter Depends on how peanut buttery you like it.
- In medium to large mixing bowl combine Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal crumbs and condensed milk. Combine thoroughly.
- Fully incorporate peanut butter in mixture.
- Add baking powder.
- Add chocolate chips and mix in well.
- Spread into a greased 8×8 inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove and let cool or not.
Helpful tools for this recipe
8×8 Baking Pan