Pumpkin Applesauce Cupcakes With Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting are the perfect cupcake for fall. They are spiced perfectly with you favorite autumn spices. Plus, they are easy to make with simple ingredients.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A unique fall cupcake flavor
This is the perfect fall cupcake recipe combining two of autumn’s favorite flavors, pumpkin and applesauce. These flavors are enhanced by a melody of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Giving it a deep rich autumn taste.
Then make it even better by topping it off with this amazing Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting from Chelsea’s Messy Apron.
Both the cupcakes and the icing are easy, homemade recipes with simple ingredients, you probably have at home.
If you love fall flavors and easy cupcake recipes, this richly autumn flavored pumpkin applesauce cupcake is calling your name. Make sure you whip up a batch this fall.
- Eggs – room temperature recommended.
- White or Brown Sugar or a Combination of both
- Applesauce – sweetened or unsweetened
- Pumpkin – pure pumpkin
- Flour – all purpose
- Ground Cloves
- Cream Cheese – I use full fat. You’re making cupcakes go all in.
- Butter – real butter at room temperature.
- Powdered Sugar – I sifted mine to make sure I got all the little lumps out.
How to make pumpkin applesauce cupcakes
- Beat eggs well and gradually add sugar to eggs and applesauce.
- Sift dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients and spices to mixture.
- Add water and pumpkin.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4’s full.
- Bake at 325 for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes
- Beat cream cheese and butter.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon and beat until smooth.
- Make sure your cupcakes are cool and ice.
I had some fun with this and piped some frosting on some cupcakes and used the old school knife method on the others. Either is perfect. It’s the taste that counts.
Long Baking Spatula
how to store frosted cupcakes
- Frosted cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container.
- Do not store cupcakes in the fridge. This will cause them to dry out.
- They keep best up to 4 days.
how to freeze frosted cupcakes
This method helps the icing keep its shape and form and the cupcake and icing keep their freshness and tastiness.
- Pre Freeze Cupcakes – To avoid crushing your cupcake’s frosting, arrange the cupcakes on a plate or tray. Place them in the freezer uncovered for an hour or until frosting has frozen.
- Remove cupcakes from freezer and wrap each one, individually, in plastic wrap.
- Put individually wrapped cupcakes in an airtight container and store in freezer up to three months.
More Cupcake Recipes
- Easy Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Cupcakes With Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
- Grandma’s Applesauce Cupcakes
- Wonder-fall Spice Cupcakes
Pumpkin Applesauce Cupcakes With Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 Twelve Cavity Cupcake Pans
Ingredients for Pumpkin Applesauce Cupcakes
Ingredients for Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces package Full Fat Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter Room Temperature
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- ¾ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Instructions for Pumpkin Applesauce Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Beat eggs well
- Gradually add sugar to eggs
- Add applesauce to mixture
- Sift dry ingredients and add to mixture, beating until smooth.
- Add water and pumpkin
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4's full. Depends on how big you want your cupcakes.
- Bake from 20 to 30 minutes. Start checking at 20 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes
Instructions for Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon and beat until completely smooth