simply deLIZious baking is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising revenues by advertising and linking to [Amazon.com or .ca, .co.uk, etc.]
Easy pumpkin spice cupcake recipe that’s full of your favorite warm, fall spices and topped with luscious chocolate ganache. An AUTUMN-ic delicious treat.
I needed a festive fall treat as a party favor for my annual fall birthday extravaganza and I landed on these easy pumpkin spice cupcakes. No need to search for a recipe, as I would simply take my Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake Recipe and make cupcakes instead of a bundt cake.
Friends, what a huge score this was. These spiced pumpkin cupcakes with chocolate ganache made great party treats and my co-workers loved the leftovers I shared at the office. They were pumpkin spice latte in a cupcake.
I dressed the birthday party cupcakes in lovely, fall themed baking cups and the others in green cupcake liners. Both looked FALL-tastic and pictures of both types of fall pumpkin cupcakes are included in this post.
Tools Used In Homemade Pumpkin Cupcakes
Ingredients In Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes
- cake flour – you can use all purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- ground ginger – adds spice and depth of flavor
- ground cinnamon – adds depth of flavor with its warm, rich, sweet and spicy taste
- ground nutmeg – warm spice, with slightly nutty flavors. Pairs perfectly with cinnamon.
- ground cloves – adds intense warmth
- butter – use room temperature
- brown sugar
- buttermilk – use room temperature
- pumpkin puree – not pumpkin pie filling
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- heavy cream or whipping cream
- sprinkles – optional
Ultimate Fall Cupcake Idea
Served in autumn themed cupcake liners or baking cups (like the ones pictured in this post) and topped with decorative autumn sprinkles, these pumpkin spice latte cupcakes, topped with silky chocolate ganache, scream, “It’s Autumn”.
As well as looking so FALL-bulously festive, these pumpkin spice latte cupcakes have a soft, moist and fluffy texture and are just so delicious.
The ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves blend together to create such a wonderful, warm, fall spiced flavor. Then, the chocolate ganache pairs perfectly with the warm spices and gives even another dimension of deliciousness to these homemade pumpkin spice cupcakes.
These fall spiced cupcakes are just like the ultimate date. They’re beautiful on both the inside and outside.
What Makes Cupcakes Moist And Fluffy
Have you ever had your baking bubble burst when your cupcakes turn out more like a solid brick house than a fluffy cupcake?
According to this post by Better Homes & Gardens you can prevent this by not overmixing you batter. To do this, mix your batter on low speed.
Overmixing your batter causes air bubbles, which expand and make your cupcakes fluffy, to collapse. Collapsed air bubbles then cause the dreaded brick house effect in cupcakes.
How To Freeze Cupcakes With Frosting
Cupcakes are such as easy, practical treat that freeze easily, even frosted. Yes, you read that correctly, you can freeze them frosted and this post by LEAFtv tells us how.
Freeze the frosted cupcakes on a plate. Once frozen, wrap each frosted cupcake tightly with plastic wrap. Then place the individually wrapped cupcakes in a freezer safe container and place in the freezer. This will help lock in the moisture and keep the cupcake fresh and tasty.
To thaw the cupcakes place the frozen cupcakes in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours. This allows them to slowly come to room temperature, which keeps condensation from forming inside the plastic wrap as well as keeping the frosting from sweating. It also preserves the taste and texture.
Why Make Fall Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes
Like I said above, these simple pumpkin spice latte cupcakes are like the ultimate date. They’re great on both the outside and inside. On the outside they’re perfectly fall festive and on the inside they have amazing flavor. Your favorite football team probably want win every time, but these pumpkin spice latte cupcakes will.
In case you have any queries regarding the recipe feel free to reach out via the comment section or the contact page. Also, if you have tried this recipe, I would love to hear about your experiences.
I have linked to our related recipes below and I’m sure you will love them.
More Easy Fall Dessert Recipes
- Awesome Apple Cobbler
- Old Fashioned Amish Apple Cobbler
- Spiced Pumpkin Pound Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cinnamon-licious Sweet Potato Pound Cake
Pumpkin Spiced Latte Cupcakes (Chocolate Ganached)
Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes (Chocolate Ganached)
- 1-2 cupcake/muffin pans
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- flour sifter
- cupcake liners or baking cups see notes below
Easy Pumpkin Cupcake Ingredients
- 2 cups cake flour I sifted mine
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ cup butter
- 1¼ cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 7.5 ounces pumpkin puree almost 1 cup
- fall cupcake sprinkles optional
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 1½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips I used Toll House
- ¾ cup heavy cream or whipping cream
Easy Pumpkin Cupcake Instructions
- Mix four, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves together and set aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in flour, mixture, alternating with buttermilk.
- Add pumpkin and beat until well incorporated.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liners (2/3's full) or baking cups (1/2 full).
- Bake in 350° oven for 18 to 20 minutes. Baking cups 23 to 26 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Frost with chocolate ganache
- Top with sprinkles (optional)
Instructions For Chocolate Ganache
- Add chocolate chips and cream in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in 20 second increments and mix after each increment.
- Repeat until ganache is smooth.
- Spread over cupcakes.