Strawberry Preserve Bread is a delightful, not overly sweet quick bread that’s simple and easy to prepare. Brilliant served for dessert, breakfast, brunch or an on the go snack.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Strawbery Preserve Bread
I was looking for some good recipes, especially good for the summer months and had a divine encounter with this recipe in Treasures from Heaven – A Collection of Recipes from Pensacola – Tallahassee Diocesan Council of Catholic Women.
Strawberry Preserve Bread is the perfect bread for anytime, but especially summer. It’s delicious, easy, quick and hassle free. We always love that, but especially in the summer.
The strawberry preserves provide a wonderful not overly sweet taste. It’s not the sweet and slightly sour taste provided by strawberries, but it is a simple, sweet taste that makes it a yummy treat.
Though this is not extremely healthy or Keto (all of my recipes are more like keNO), it is not a heavy bread and is not overloaded with calories. And, it still tastes delish, who knew???????
Try this when you need a quick and easy recipe this summer. It’ll probably make heavy rotation on your recipe play list.
Strawberry Preserve Bread ingredients
- Lemon Juice
- Baking Soda
- Sour Cream
- Flour – Sifted
- Chopped Nuts (optional)
- Strawberry Preserves
How to make Strawberry preserve bread
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease and flour 2 loaf pans
- Blend butter, sugar, vanilla, salt and lemon juice together and then add eggs one at a time.
- Dissolve soda in sour cream.
- Add soda sour cream mixture to egg mixture.
- Fold in nuts and preserves.
- Pour batter in pans.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool 10 to 15 minutes.
How to store Strawberry preserve bread
How to freeze Strawberry preserve bread
All quick breads freeze and keep well. To freeze the bread or a portion of the bread:
- Cool the bread completely
- Wrap the bread 2 or 3 times in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. I usually use just aluminum foil.
- Put in large freezer storage bag. I skip this sometimes and just freeze in foil.
To freeze in slices:
- You can wrap your slices individually in plastic wrap and aluminum foil or only aluminum foil. Then place them in a freezer storage bag or container.
- You can also slice the bread and put slices of parchment paper between the slices. Then wrap the sliced loaf just like wrapping the whole loaf or portion of the loaf above.
More Of The Best Quick Bread Recipes
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bread
- Lemon Cream Loaf Cake
- Chocolate Chip Date Nut Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Easy Mini Cheese Muffins
- Boozy Brown Sugar Banana Bread
Strawberry Preserve Bread
- (2) 9×5 Loaf Pans
- Stand or Hand Mixer
- ½ cup Butter
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 4 Eggs
- ½ tsp Soda
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 3 cups Flour Sifted
- ½ cup Chopped Nuts
- 1 cup Strawberry Preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease and flour loaf pans.
- Blend butter, sugar, vanilla, salt and lemon juice.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Dissolve soda in sour cream.
- Add to egg mixture.
- Fold in flour, nuts and preserves.
- Pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 45 minutes or until bread pulls away from pan. Insert sharp knife in center of bread. If it comes out clean or with a couple of crumbs it's ready, if it comes out with batter it goes back in the oven.
- Let cool 10 to 15 minutes and release from pan.
USEFUL TOOLS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
Smucker’s Strawberry Preserves
Kitchen Aid Classic Stand Mixer
Nordic Ware Aluminum Loaf Pan
Cake Cooling and Serving Grid
Long Baking Spatula