simply deLIZious baking is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising revenues by advertising and linking to [Amazon.com or .ca, .co.uk, etc.]
An easy to make deep dish chocolate chip cookie pie, that’s dense, ooey gooey, luscious, rich and decadent.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe (Family Fav)
This ooey gooey chocolate chip cookie in a pie crust is my family’s favorite dessert for special occasions. It is the rock star of our family functions.
Every Christmas, Thanksgiving or summer when we gather I am required to bring these chocolate chip pies. In fact, I probably would be banned from attending if I showed up without them. What an emotionally healthy way to receive love from the closest people on earth to you.
The Best Toll House Pie Recipe
So, why is this Toll House Pie recipe the best?
Chocolate Chips, Nuts And Butter
It’s a rich, decadent, dense pie overloaded with chocolate chips, nuts and butter (if you’re thinking about loosing weight, beware).
Not Overly Sweet
This chocolate chip pie is also not an overly sweet pie, which allows the nut, chocolate and butter flavors to stand out.
Sweet And Salty
The pie crust actually gives it a hint of salty, which combined with the chocolate chips creates that yummy sweet and salty combo.
Easy Toll House Pie Recipe
Not only is this ooey gooey delicious, but it’s a super simple bake. In one medium mixing bowl combine all seven ingredients. You then pour the mixture in a pie shell, put it in the oven for an hour, cool and devour.
Key Toll House Pie Ingredients
- all purpose flour
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- melted butter
- chocolate chips
- chopped pecans or walnuts
- 9 inch deep dish pie crust
Tools Used In Easy Chocolate Chip Pie
- medium mixing bowl
- Dry Ingredient Measuring Cups
- Hand or stand mixer (optional)
How Do You Freeze A Pie After Baking?
What do you do with leftover pie? We don’t want to eat all our leftover pie right away (that is, if we’re in a good emotional state) or throw it away. So, we freeze it. I do this all the time and it works great.
According to this post by Better Homes And Gardens, follow these 4 steps to freeze and thaw an already baked pie:
- Bake pie and let it cool completely.
- Inert pie in freezer bag, seal and freeze up to 4 months.
- Remove from freezer and thaw at room temperature.
- To serve the pie warm after thawing, heat in a preheated 425 F degree oven for 15 minutes or until warm throughout.
Final Thoughts On This Quick And Easy Pie
If you’re looking for a quick and easy pie that’s decadent and oh so sinful this is it. Loaded with chocolate chips, pecans and butter it oozes richness and amazing flavor. This pie is easy to make, serve and freeze any time of year.
In case you have any queries regarding the recipe feel free to reach out via the comment section or the contact page. Also, if you have tried this recipe, I would love to hear about your experiences.
I have linked to our related recipes below and I’m sure you will love them.
More Quick and Easy Pie Recipes
- Pumpkin Pecan Pie
- Effortless Pumpkin Pie
- Intoxicatingly Delicious Caramel Pie
- Boozy Bourbon Sweet Potato Pie
- 4 Ingredient Blueberry Cobbler
- Easy Peasy Strawberry Cobbler
- Mixed Berry Cobbler (Strawberry & Blueberry)
Toll House Chocolate Chip Pie (Easy Recipe)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees
- In a medium mixing bowl mix beat eggs until fluffy.
- Beat in flour, sugar and brown sugar until well blended.
- Blend in melted butter.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool for 30 minutes.