This easy traditional pound cake, made with whipping cream, has amazing flavor and a lovely, tender texture.
This classic and old fashion Whipping Cream Pound Cake comes from one of my favorite cookbooks, the Washington Street United Methodist Church’s Bicentennial Cookbook. This was given to me by dear Aunt Maaaa-tha.
WHIPPING CREAM POUND CAKE FROM HEAVEN
This pound cake tastes so heavenly that it causes me to eat like hell.
My office building’s cafeteria sells scrumptious whipping cream pound cake. Sometimes I can’t stop myself from buying and inhaling one or two large slices in one sitting (the next several days are filled with intense high cardio workouts to burn off the damage).
Now, you can imagine my delight when I ran across this homemade recipe, for plain whipping cream pound cake, in my Aunt Maaaatha’s Washington St. United Methodist Church’s Bicentennial Cookbook. I can now have a slice of whipping cream heaven at home, as well as work.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Cake Made With Whipping Cream
Not only does this cake taste sinfully heavenly, it’s so easy to make. It has just 8 simple ingredients. Mix those together, bake and devour. No yeast, no cake decorating, no kneading. Easy peasy.
Whipping Cream Pound Cake Ingredients
- Whipping Cream – Heavy Cream can also be used.
- Cake Flour
- Self Rising Flour
- Vanilla Extract
Recommended Tools Used In Whipping Cream Pound Cake
- Cake Cooling Rack – Perfect for cooling your pound or bundt cakes or any round cake.
- Solid Sturdy Spatula – For stirring and scrapping thick pound cake batter.
- Heat Resistant Oven Mitts And Potholders – Heat resistant temperature threshold 360F. Protects your hands and arms from burns.
How To Make A Pound Cake With Whipping Cream
- Cream butter and sugar and add eggs.
- Add whipping cream and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to batter.
- Pour batter in a greased bundt or tube pan.
- Bake at 275 for 1 hour, then 30 minutes at 300.
- Turn off oven and leave in oven 8 minutes
- Remove and cool 10 to 15 minutes.
Does your bundt pan sit in the sink for days because you dread scraping it until you’re out of breath trying to get the pan clean? Then what you need is THIS! It will get in those tiny and unreachable crevices and curves and make cleaning your pan much easier.
Is Whipping Cream The Same As Heavy Cream?
Compared to whipping cream, heavy cream has a little more fat. Heavy cream holds it shape better and whipping cream produces a lighter texture, but both whip extremely well.
Can You Substitute Heavy Cream For Whipping Cream?
Because the the difference is the two is just a little fat, the two are interchangeable. The fact that both are high in fat and can be whipped into stable peaks, is what’s important for this cake.
Why Use Cream In A Pound Cake?
The extra fat creates a very tight crumb and tender texture. If you made this recipe with milk instead the cake would not be as dense or have quite the same texture.
What Is The Best Way To Freeze Whipping Cream Pound Cake?
Pound cake taste so good after serving time in the freezer, plus it’s easy to freeze and can be left in the freezer for 4 to 6 months.
Freeze A Large Portion Of The Cake Or The Whole Cake
- Completely cool the cake.
- Wrap the cake 2 or 3 times in plastic wrap and then cover with aluminum foil.
- Put in large freezer storage bag or container. If you don’t have a large enough freezer bag or container, freeze it wrapped well in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
Freeze Pound Cake Slices
- Wrap your slices individually in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and place them in a freezer storage bag or container.
- Slice the cake and put slices of parchment paper between the slices. Then wrap the sliced cake just like wrapping the whole cake or portion of the cake above, with plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
Final Thoughts On This Easy Whipping Cream Pound Cake
With just 8 simple ingredients and no yeast or decorating this cake is so easy to whip up. The whipping cream provides extra tight crumb texture and the taste is amazing. This cakes simplicity and amazing flavor make it a must bake.
In case you have any queries regarding the recipe feel free to reach out via the comment section or the contact page. Also, if you have tried this recipe, I would love to hear about your experiences.
I have linked to our related recipes below and I’m sure you will love them.
More Easy Pound Cake Recipes
- Easy Blueberry Cake With Lemon Glaze
- Melt In Your Mouth Pound Cake
- Southern Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Southern Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
- Vanilla Buttermilk Pound Cake
- Lemon Coconut Pound Cake
Easy Whipping Cream Pound Cake
- Stand or Hand Mixer
- Bundt or Tube Pan
- 3 sticks Butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- ½ pint Whipping Cream
- 2½ cups Cake Flour
- 1 cup Self Rising Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Cream butter and sugar well
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each
- Add whipping cream and vanilla
- Beat enough to mix
- Sift the flours and salt together
- Add flour mixture gradually to the batter
- Pour batter into a greased bundt or tube pan
- Bake at 275° for 1 hour, then 30 minutes at 300°
- Turn off oven and leave in oven 8 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool 10 to 15 minutes in pan
- Invert pan and remove