This easy Pumpkin Spice Cake is the perfect cake for fall. Seasoned with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves, it has a delicious, deep, warm autumn taste.
Besides its rich and scrumptious autumn flavor, it’s easy to make and would be a great addition to your fall recipe collection.
It comes from Faith Lutheran Church’s (Marietta, GA) 50th Anniversary Celebration Cookbook.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
perfectly spiced moist pumpkin bundt cake
Ahhhh, this fall pumpkin spice bundt is the essence of fall. It’s an amazing blend of fall’s finest spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. You might say it’s pumpkin spice latte in a bundt.
This moist fall bundt cake is so good you will find yourself headed back to harvest seconds and even thirds, as I did after baking it this afternoon. Friends, I inhaled 3 or 4 good size slices of this fall treat with no shame.
As well as being deliciously addictive, you’ll also love that this recipe is so easy to make. Plus, it freezes well, so you can make it ahead of time and freeze and also freeze the leftovers.
I do hope you’ll make this recipe this fall and that you love it and its fall taste and flavor as much as I do.
easy pumpkin bundt cake ingredients
- Cake Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Nutmeg
- Butter – Best with real butter at room temperature.
- Brown Sugar
- Eggs – Room temperature
- Buttermilk – Room temperature
- Pumpkin Puree – Not pumpkin pie filling
can you use pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin puree?
Grabbing pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin puree is an easy mistake. Unfortunately, you can’t substitute it for pumpkin puree when baking.
Pumpkin puree is just cooked pumpkin. Pumpkin pie filling is sweetened and seasoned with spices such as cinnamon, cloves, allspice and more.
pumpkin spice bundt cake recipe
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Mix flour, all spices, baking powder and soda together. Set aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar and add eggs one at a time.
- Mix in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Add pumpkin.
- Pour batter into greased bundt pan and bake 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
This makes a large cake, so use a large bundt pan if possible. If using a small to medium bundt pan, you can make a small loaf cake or some cupcakes with the extra batter.
Nordic Ware Anniversary Bundt Pan
KitchenAid Classic Mixer
Nordic Ware Heritage Bundt Pan
HOw to freeze a bundt cake
Bundt cakes can be frozen for three months. You can freeze them 4 to 6 months, but for optimum taste three months is the maximum freezer time.
- Cool the cake completely.
- Wrap the cake tightly with plastic wrap. Make sure it’s completely covered.
- Wrap with aluminum foil over the plastic wrap, making sure it is completely covered.
- Place in freezer
more fall themed cakes
- Simple Coffee Cake Recipe
- Spiced Pumpkin Pound Cake
- Traditional Brown Sugar Pound Cake Recipe
- Sweet Potato Coconut Cake
- Vintage Spice Cake
- The Best Spice Cake Recipe
Fall Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
- Stand or Hand Mixer
- Large Bundt Pan
- 4 cups Cake flour (preferably unbleached)
- 4 tsps Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Freshly ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp Cloves
- 1 cup Butter room temperature
- 2½ cups Firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 Large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup Buttermilk room temperature
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree or 1½ cups
- Confection's sugar for dusting
- 1 tsp freshly ground nutmeg for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray with non stick spray or grease and flour large bundt pan
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside
- Beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Should less gritty.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after adding each one
- Mix in flour mixture alternating with buttermilk. Beat until just combined
- Add pumpkin and beat until well incorporated
- Pour batter in prepared bundt pan
- Bake 55 minutes to 1 hour. Until golden brown and tooth pick or knife inserted in center is clean.
- Let cool on wire rack for 30 minutes
- Carefully turn cake onto wire rack to cool
- Before serving dust with confectioner's sugar and ground nutmeg