This easy, homemade and full of fall flavor Pumpkin Applesauce Cake comes from The Finest Recipes Cookbook (circa 1995) from First Baptist Church Huntsville, AL.
This pumpkin applesauce cake absolutely bursts with rich fall flavor. It is incredibly moist and perfectly spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg.
What makes this autumn delight even more amazing is it is paired with this divine cinnamon cream cheese frosting from Chelsea’s Messy Apron. These two pack a mouthwatering one-two punch.
You can’t find an easier from scratch cake to make. I mixed it all by hand without dirtying up a mixer. Plus, the ingredients are simple ingredients, you probably already have on hand.
You will love the fact that this pumpkin applesauce cake is versatile. It will be perfect for your families fall gatherings, after dinner dessert and it transports easily, so you can take it to your annual autumn pot luck. You will also be the rock star of that ladies church breakfast or brunch. Your church sisters will be repenting from jealously and envy, wishing they had brought this autumn gem.
This pumpkin applesauce cake is sure to become one of your fall-bulous favs. This cake puts Betty (as in Crocker) in the corner.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.,
I think this picture is so cool, because of the vintage West Bend Metallic Blue Percolator.
Pumpkin Applesauce Cake With Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 9×13 Pan or two 9 inch pans
Ingredients for Pumpkin Applesauce Cake
Ingredients for Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package Full Fat Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter Room Temperature
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Instructions for Pumpkin Applesauce Cake
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Beat eggs well
- Gradually add sugar to eggs
- Add applesauce to mixture
- Sift dry ingredients and add to mixture, beating until smooth.
- Add water, pumpkin and nuts (optional)
- Grease and flour either two 9×9 pans or a 9×13 pan. If you use a 9×13 see notes below.
- Bake from 35 to 45 minutes. Insert toothpick and make sure it comes out clean.
- Cool 20 to 30 minutes
Instructions for Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon and beat until completely smooth.
USEFUL TOOLS IN MAKING THIS RECIPE
13×9 Airbake Nonstick Cake Pan With Cover
Kitchen Aid Classic Stand Mixer
Pouring Shield for Kitchen Aid Mixer
Long Baking Spatula