simply deLIZious baking is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising revenues by advertising and linking to [Amazon.com or .ca, .co.uk, etc.]
Deliciously easy vanilla pound cake recipe made with self rising flour.
If you love a scrumptious, traditional old fashioned pound cake you’ll love this and my vanilla buttermilk pound cake.
Tools Used In this traditional pound cake recipe
- Bundt Pan 10 to 15 cup pan
- Hand Mixer or
- Stand Mixer
- Dry Measuring Cups
- Liquid Measuring Cup
Ingredients in this perfect pound cake recipe
Traditional Pound Cake With Self Rising Flour
This is truly an old fashioned, traditional vanilla pound cake that is made with self rising flour.
Most of the pound cakes I make contain at least a 1/2 teaspoon of a leavening ingredient (usually baking powder). So, I’m just used to adding a little baking powder and salt in with my flour. But, there’s no place for it in this cake.
It was actually nice not to think “gee did I add that baking powder?” after I put the self rising flour pound cake in the oven. Can I get an amen to that?
The Perfect Pound Cake For Toppings
This self rising flour pound cake is yummy naked (no toppings). However, because it’s made with 3/4’s cup of butter and 6 eggs, it’s not as dense as most pound cakes,
Not being as dense allows it to soak in toppings and their flavors well. Therefore, this is the perfect pound cake for all those delicious toppings.
I can just imagine this self rising flour pound cake as the star feature at a summer dessert party surrounded by all sorts of delicious toppings.
Perfect Pound Cake Toppings
- Any Flavor of Fruit Jam
- Nutella (yes, how delicious and evil is that)
- Chocolate Sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Ice cream
- Whipped cream
What Is Self Rising Flour
According to this post from Bob’s Red Mill, self rising flour is all purpose flour, baking powder and fine salt. You will get a rise out of self rising flour, because the leavening agent, baking powder, is mixed in evenly throughout the flour.
How To Store A Pound Cake
Why Bake Self Rising Flour Pound Cake?
This cake is such as easy bake. Really, just mix the 6 simple ingredients, bake and eat. Plus, it is a lovely traditional cake that is delicious served by itself or with toppings. You just can’t go wrong with this cake.
In case you have any queries regarding the recipe feel free to reach out via the comment section or the contact page. Also, if you have tried this recipe, I would love to hear about your experiences.
I have linked to our related recipes below and I’m sure you will love them.
More Simple And Easy Cake Recipes
- Quick And Easy Confectioners Sugar Pound Cake
- Classic Buttermilk Pound Cake
- Peachy, Easy Sour Cream Peach Cake
- Easiest Ever Apple Pecan Cake
- Just So Simple Almond Pound Cake
- Elvis Presley’s Favorite Cake (Heavy Cream Pound Cake)
EASY SELF RISING FLOUR POUND CAKE
- Bundt Pan 10 to 15 cup pan
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- Liquid Measuring Cups
- 3¼ cups plus 2 TBS self rising flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¾ cups butter
- 2 – 3 tsp vanilla
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 TBS milk
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Sift flour and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until egg is just incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Add flour and mix until just incorpated.
- Add half the milk and mix until incorporated.
- Add the other half of the milk and mix until incorporated.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a sharp knife comes out clean with no batter.
- Let cool 10 to 12 minutes and invert.